Manslations: The MAN Post

***Disclaimer***
If you are a part of my life: friend, family, ex-boyfriend, girlfriend of my ex-boyfriend, etc...you are NOT off limits. I will change your name, but if it's blogworthy then there's no way around it. I always speak the truth and sometimes that shit hurts. So don't waste your time by calling me to moan and pout about it or awkwardly confront me at a bar. I will not take down any posts. If you and/or your relationship is that insecure then that's your problem. Go write a blog about it.



Happy Thursday beautiful people! What a week! Thank GOD it's almost over! I have been spending a lot of time this week thinking about stories to write about, when I remembered an interesting situation I found myself in a couple of weeks ago. Here goes...

I went to have drinks with 3 of my guy friends after they left a work dinner. One is divorced and single, one of them is clueless and single and the other one is married...So I walked up on an intriguing conversation. The clueless, single buddy (let's call him Kelso) had just been pressured into getting a girl's number who happened to be their waitress at the restaurant they had just left and they were debating on when he should call her. My married friend (let's go with Taylor) suggested the "no games" route, "Call her tomorrow!" My divorced friend (eh...Rico) suggested a strategic plan to make her sweat it out, "Not tomorrow! Shit...not even Saturday!" (It was a Thursday). "Make her sweat! Call her on Monday or Tuesday!" Kelso was well...clueless...After getting cut-off several times, I was able to finally say my piece, "Tomorrow is eager.Go with Saturday. If you want to see her and if she wants to see you, when you call her on Saturday y'all can meet up then." These differences in opinion started a heated debate and multiple factors came into play. Taylor started to preach that there's no need to play games and that if y'all like each other, you like each other and when you call her doesn't matter. Rico was adamant that this was a HUGE rookie mistake.  We had a once in a lifetime element going on here with the divorced man, the married man, the single fella and me, the single girl...And I couldn't believe I was playing into this! I'm team girl! I should've said, "No games! Shit, call her tonight!" But I DO believe in games. As long as I've promoted the no games approach. It is completely necessary. If a cute guy got my number, I would be flattered...excited...hopeful, but if he turned around and texted/called me too soon, I would immediately start to question his check listability (what about this guy is veering off of my check list? No car? Foot fetish? Mommy issues? etc.) If he called right away, I'd wonder, "why so eager? Are you so impatiently trying to move things along because I'm the first girl to give you her number?" Terrible, I know. Hypocritical even. I am notorious for playing the game all wrong! But I never claimed to be perfect.

Now here is the best part: I was privy to a "man cave convo." (a convo most girls are not privy to and usually happen in some sort of garage or bar). Apparently, the way you play the game depends on not only if she is hot or not...but if she KNOWS she's hot or not. Let me explain...

So, if she's hot and she KNOWS it, play that game like David Beckham! Wait at LEAST 3 days...but don't wait too long because this chick will get snatched up. You gotta read her right. Because you see, this girl is used to guys asking for her number. She's not desperate to go out on a date with anybody! You gotta stand out. Hold on to that mystery. Call her too soon and she's got you pinned for some desperate dude. Wait too long and she'll forget all about you. Very thin line on that one.

Now if she's hot and DOESN'T know it like the girl in question (in this case, homegirl was "geek chic" AKA, hot alternative chick with glasses who probably recently came into her hotness) then you have some lee way. Still wait a day just in case, but she will still be excited to hear from you because she probably doesn't get hit on ALL THE TIME like my made up Barbarella in the previous paragraph. 

I just found all of this information mind blowing. Honestly, I see a lot of truth in this. Is it an exact science? Of course not! The only exact science I know is that I have a bigger brain than you...THAT'S science. But I think you can apply this to guys and girls.We can get into part 2 of this next week. But this was an enlightening evening for me. Hope you got something out of it. I will keep you posted on Kelso and Geek Chic as soon as I find out more. Over and out bitches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whyyyyyyyyyyy????

The Top 5 Types of Crazy that Land Women in Spinsterville...#1: Picket Fence Crazy (PFC)

I'm Back Bitches!!!